To Add/Swap/Drop a Course once the Semester has Begun
There are several ways to make changes to your schedule once the semester has started:
- If you already know the change you would like to make and there is space in the class you’d like, you can "Add," “Swap” or “Drop” classes using these enrollment functions in the Student Center of your MyUW portal.
- If the class you’d like is full, we suggest the following:
- Call the department and ask about possible openings or wait lists;
- Go to the professor’s office hours or send the professor an email to inquire about the possibility of getting into the course;
- Attend the class (lecture) and talk to the professor
- Walk-in advising is available at our main office from 9-11:30am and 1-3:30pm during the first drop deadline period of each semester and are held on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Walk-in advising is also available in the Residence Hall Offices Monday-Thursday 11:00am-6:00pm and Friday 11:00am-3:00pm.
For information on registration, course change deadlines, tuition and fees, the academic calendar, and Class Search, check out the Registrar's Homepage.
Accessing Web Enrollment
- Go to the Student Center in the My UW Madison portal
- You will need your NetID and Password to access My UW Madison. Your NetID is the name that appears to the left of the @wisc.edu in your WiscWorld email address. Your Password is the one you use to check WiscWorld email.
- If you are unsure about your NetID and password, contact the DoIT Help Desk at 264-4357.
Now You are Ready to Enroll
- Click on Student Center and a new window will open.
- Select the appropriate enrollment action such as 'Add a Class'
- Select a term and begin to enroll for your classes.
- If you do not know the five-digit enrollment number, you can use the Search for Classes feature to locate and select classes to submit for enrollment.
- Be sure to click through all steps to complete the enrollment process.
- Course enrollment demonstrations are available below.
- The Help button is available for additional assistance.
Enrollment DemosAdd a Class
Drop a Class
Swap a Class